Subject: Re: AWACS driver..
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Zepeda <zipzippy@sonic.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/02/2003 11:20:00
On Sun, Aug 31, 2003 at 03:00:39PM -0700, Alex Zepeda wrote:

> If I prepared a diff of some of the strcpy -> strlcpy changes, is there
> any chance that could be committed?

I didn't see this mentioned in any of the archives.. so I don't know how
much time anyone has had to look at the various other (Darwin, LinuxPPC,
etc) AWACS drivers.  As I see it, here's what the NetBSD driver is not
doing:

On the Beige G3s (and anything else with a personality card?) there's a
secondary audio processor (for lack of a better word, an amp) that the
AWACS stuff outputs to.  That amp needs to be enabled, and the volume
turned up on the appropriate outputs.  It's accessable on an i2c bus
that's controlled by the Cuda chip.

Fun stuff :)

- alex