Subject: problem uisngf "build.sh tools"
To: NetBSD help <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Paul Gogarty <p.gogarty@mail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/28/2003 11:38:50

------=_NextPart_000_006A_01C36D58.F358D260

I am new to BSD (and administering un*x systems in general) and have
recently installed the macppc port of NetBSD 1.6.1 on a 250Mhz 603e based
ppc clone.

I have downloaded what I assume is the current stable source (branch 1-6)
using anoncvs

My problem comes when I try to compile the toolchain "build.sh tools"
My machine starts building the toolchain ...
The build process lasts 36 hours (yes I waited), eventually the 4.1GB drive
I am using gets filled and the build process prematurely terminates.

I have not checked what has built (partly because I am not sure what I an
looking for), but I am assuming at the moment that I may have tried to build
the toolchain for every port not just  macppc.

I assume this build.sh a shell script  (but again I haven't looked yet.) -
if it is I am familiar enough with vi to edit it if needs be.

Please if anyone has any idea what my poor little machine is up to I would
be most grateful for any guidance.

    Paul Gogarty
    mailto:p.gogarty@mail.com
    Tel: +44 (0)1603 471262
    Mobile: +44 (0)7879 458416

------=_NextPart_000_006A_01C36D58.F358D260
	filename="Paul Gogarty.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Gogarty;Paul;James;Mr
FN:Paul Gogarty
ORG:X-Tek Industrial Ltd. (formerly OIS Engineering Ltd.);Software
TITLE:Programmer
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+44 (0)1493 600677
TEL;HOME;VOICE:+44 (0)1603 461014
TEL;CELL;VOICE:+44 (0) 7879 458416
TEL;WORK;FAX:+44 (0)1493 603347
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:;Great Yarmouth;Grist =
Mill=3D0D=3D0ACrittens Road=3D0D=3D0ACobholm;Great Yarmouth;No=3D
rfolk;NR731 0AG;UK
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:Great Yarmouth=3D0D=3D0AGrist =
Mill=3D0D=3D0ACrittens Road=3D0D=3D0ACobholm=3D0D=3D0AGreat Ya=3D
rmouth, Norfolk NR731 0AG=3D0D=3D0AUK
ADR;HOME:;;44Junction Road;Norwich;Norfolk;NR3 2JG;UK
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:44Junction Road=3D0D=3D0ANorwich, =
Norfolk NR3 2JG=3D0D=3D0AUK
URL;HOME:http://www.paul.gogarty.btinternet.co.uk/
URL;WORK:http://www.xtekxray.com/
BDAY:19790624