Subject: re: XFree86 4.3.0
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: M L Riechers <mlr@t982.rse.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/14/2003 18:46:01
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:15:18 +0200 (MEST), Andreas Drewke
<andreas_dr@gmx.de> proclaimed:

> So now my 7300 is up and running... very stable and fine...
> Network is working, 2nd Level Cache of the Sonnet Creshendo G3 is up and
> running too (512kb @ 133 MHZ that was the problem exactly that my system was so
> unstable)
>
> So now I spend some hours to get XFree86 4.3.0 built, but at the end GUESS
> what the problem is
>
> coulnd not mmap screen [a=xxxxx, s=xxxxx] (Illegal argument)
> - the same I had with 4.2.0 -
>
> Is this a problem in the kernel? with the PCI Bus Manager? VM ?
>
> I 've XSERVER, UCONSOLE, INSECURE in my kernel config
>
> Any Ideas how I could track down the problem?

dunno,,,

You've prodded me into finally, kicking and dragging, filing my PR on
mmmmap atop(); sounds like your mmap might be along these lines.
Check out the PR and let's see what people have to say.

The PR is port-powerpc/22487 or port-powerpc/22488 -- they're
identical and, sorry, my screw up.  I expect port-powerpc/22487 will
be deleted.

Kind regards,

-Mike