Subject: Re: XF86Config for iMac (Slot-loading) running 1.6.1?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Wilyarti Howard <wilyarti.howard@bigpond.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/09/2003 11:20:13
Well, I am running 1.6 macppc on a iMac slot-loading (Rev. C, lime
coloured).
The version of XFree86 I have has NO XFree86Config at all. It just has
Xmacppc which runs perfectly.

Originally the installed x* set distro (that came with NetBSD macppc)
wasn't working at all (Xmacppc came up with errors which I can't
recall), what I did was installed the latest distro (4.3.0) from source;
saved the new Xmacppc (working Xmacppc from 4.3.0 source) in a different
directory , then installed XFree86 from the NetBSD sets and renamed the
new Xmacppc (the one that overwrote the working Xmacppc) to Xmacppc_old,
then put the saved Xmacppc (the working one which came from the source)
in the X11R6 binary directory.

The x* NetBSD sets gave me working startx, xinit files ect, which made
my working Xmacppc useable.

This is the only way I got it working.
I do not know about 1.6.1 but in 1.6 there isn't an XFree86
configuration file at all.

I just remember the errors the original Xmacppc errors they were
something about the screen...

-wilyarti howard