Subject: NetBSD install help on Powerbook G4 1Ghz 17"
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Rene Salmon <rsalmon@tulane.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/07/2003 13:42:32
Hello,

I am trying to install NetBSD on the new Powerbook G4 1Ghz 17" machine
from apple.

I have tried using the ofwboot and netbsd kernel from 1.6.1 and that did
not work.  I get the CLAIM failed message in Open Firmaware. On the
supported platforms page it states that current might work.

I managed to get a copy of ofwboot.elf from here
ftp://nandra.iri.co.jp/pub/NetBSD/macppc/snap-030329/
which seems to work.  I also downloaded a copy of the netbsd kernel from
the same place but that crashes during boot with a message that states
it cant find init.

I really would like to get NetBSD on this machine can someone please
point me to a place where I can download a current build of NetBSD to
try out on this machine?
Or at least a copy of ofwboot and NetBSD-GENERIC from current will do.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Rene