Subject: MacPPC panic/crash
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Donald Lee <MacPPC@caution.icompute.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/21/2003 00:12:16
I have been trying to get a new server (beige G3, OF 2.4, 500 Mhz
upgrade G3 CPU, 256 Mb mem) tested and into production.

Unlike all my previous NetBSD machines, this one is not stable.
Every couple of weeks, it falls over with a panic of some sort.
The last one was a "corrupted inode".  This latest one is detailed
below.

I am hoping that someone can help with some suggestions, or at least
some info on how I can best track this down.  I can use a debugger, but
am not familiar with many of the internal structures of NetBSD.
I would very much
like to go production with this one, but I have to get the MTTI up
into the same range as my other machines (2 years between reboots.)

Thanks,

-dgl-

(below is the screen output at the time of the crash...)

trap: kernel read DSI @ 0xdd48f014 by 0x258dbc (DSISR 0x40000000, err=14)
Press a key to panic.
tlp0: receive ring overrun
panic: trap
Stopped in pid 13316 (find) at cpu_Debugger+0x10:   lwz   r0, r1, 0x14
db> tr
0xdd48ee00: at panic+174
0xdd48eec0: at trap+908
0xdd48ef30: kernel DSI read trap @ 0xdd48f014 by cache_lookup + 4a8: srr1=0x9032
        r1=0xdd48efe0 cr=0x8000f038 xer=0x20000000 ctr=0x226ff8 dsisr=0x4000
0000
  <????>  : at cache_lookup+34c
0xdd48efe0: at 0x418761c4
db>