Subject: Re: powerbook g3
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Jeffrey Hergan <jeff@praeclara.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/09/2003 12:41:52
If you search the archives of this list (this had to be a couple years
ago) you'll find an email I wrote detailing the process.  It describes
booting a Powerbook G3 Series 266mhz machine from the internal hard
drive.  NetBSD ran beautifully on the powerbook (OF 2.01) for a couple
years.  Recently I reinstalled a newer version (1.6 iirc) and that went
off without a hitch too.  I found the Install guide to be very
valuable, clear and complete.
IIRC, I had to setenv boot-device, setenv boot-file setenv real-base
and setenv load-base.  That was it.  And it worked with and without the
System disk nvram patches.

I wish I knew all the variables off the top of my head.

HTH

Jeff