Subject: Re: powerbook g3
To: Jeff Conradi <jeffconradi@comcast.net>
From: Koen Jansen <Koen@kj-compu.nl>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/09/2003 17:30:28
Jeff Conradi wrote:

>YAH I HAVE!!!...i have a pb g3 bronze keyboard...I can install the darned
>thing i just can't boot it...am i doing it right? here are my steps...
>
>1)PARTITION WHOLE DRIVE as unallocated space
>2)install netbsd and let it make it's own partitions...
>3) try and boot...

Im now able to boot from an 'external' scsi disk drive that appears in
the open firmware but the internal ide drive is not regionised (it does
not appear under ata-int as a 'disk@0:0' or something).
im going to try to load the system disk (ide related) patches and try
again. so first i have to fix the serial console connection  with a
intel bsd/linux powered machine to upload the damm patch.

im now going on a vacation for a few weeks but ill keep in touch on the
progress

Cheers Koen