Subject: Re: CD frustration
To: Donald Lee <MacPPC@caution.icompute.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/07/2003 17:33:11
At 1:11 PM -0500 7/6/03, Donald Lee wrote:
>Dear list,
>
>Is there a tool that is handy either on MacOS 9, X, or NetBSD that I can
>use to look at the partitioning of a CD?

Try pdisk at ftp://murphy.dyndns.org/pub/map/.

I had to resort to the OS9 version of that utility in order to blow
away NetBSD so I could install the Panther seed on my TiBook.  The
Panther version of the disk tools couldn't see the NetBSD (A/UX)
partitions to change them, and the Jaguar version couldn't change
them because it was the current boot disk.  OS9 disk tools likewise.

Not the goal to advertise on this list, but I gotta say I like the
tool porting that was done!