Subject: CD frustration
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Donald Lee <MacPPC@caution.icompute.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/06/2003 13:11:18
Dear list,

Is there a tool that is handy either on MacOS 9, X, or NetBSD that I can
use to look at the partitioning of a CD?

The tools I have, like Toast and Mac OS X's disk utility are not very helpful.
I'm groping around for something that will do what disklabel does on hard disks.

I also tried pdisk on Mac OS X, and it doesn't seem to work on CDs.  The CD
drive makes bad noises, and doesn't produce any output.

???

I'm trying to get a CD boot going on an OF 2.4 Beige, and need to know
*exactly* what's on the CD.  The CD is the "official" NetSD 1.6.1 one.
All I can "see" though is the HFS partition.

Thanks,

-dgl-