Subject: Upgrade of production web/shell server 1.5.2 -> 1.6.1
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Donald Lee <MacPPC@caution.icompute.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/05/2003 23:12:17
Dear list,

I am starting a project to upgrade my production server.  The present
box is NetBSD 1.5.2 on a Power Center 132 w/ 300Mhz G3 upgrade.

The new box will be NetBSD 1.6.1 on a Beige G3 (OF 2.4!) with
a 500Mhz G3 upgrade.

A while back, I posted my procedure for the upgrade-in-place of this
same server from Net BSD 1.5 to NetBSD 1.5.2.  This generated some
interest in cleaning up this writeup and giving it some wider
exposure.  Unfortunately, I never did this.

I'm starting now on my plans for the 1.6.1 upgrade.  I am going to
do it this time with a writeup in mind.  I want to actually finish the
writeup this time. :-/

Any suggestions as to what might be interesting to someone other
than me?

Thanks,

-dgl-