Subject: Re: UMAX S900 has 341S0168-0171 (Re: open firmware 1.0.5)
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Walther <trag@io.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/28/2003 01:08:03
At 08:21 +0900 06/28/2003, Makoto Fujiwara wrote:

>Yeah, incredably detailed information..
>I have checked inside and surely U13-U16 are marked as 341S0168-171
>with SEC manufacturing.

I have some notes around here somewhere on the likely part number for
the Samsung and Sharp ROMs.   I can dig them out if anyone cares.
However, the pinout is the same as you would find in an Atmel
AT49F8192 or Hyundai HY29F800 flash memory in the 44 pin PSOP
package, with the normal differences between Flash and ROM.   That
is, the WE on the Flash is NC on the ROM.   Reset and Vpp on the
Flash are NC on the ROM, etc.

The chips are 512K X 16, so four of them yields 512K X 64, which is
consistent wtih the machines' 64 bit wide data bus.   And 512K X 64
bits = 512K X 8 bytes = 4 MB, which is consistent with the Apple
Hardware documentation which states that these machines have 4 MB of
ROM.

Jeff Walther