Subject: Netbsd on a Mac Cube install
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: None <wayne@tbnets.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/27/2003 18:32:45
I want to install netbsd alone on my mac cube,  I would like to use the whole
disk and not save the OS9 or OSX on the disk.  I have read thru the docs about
partioning the hd but I don't want to save any of the OSX or OS9 partitions.  I
downloaded the bootable cdrom and was able to get into the open firmware enough
to identify that it has 3.1 firmware.  But I cant figure out how to get it to
boot the cdrom and not the hd.  Is there a slightly simpler install that would
cover this,  it seems that the one on the NetBSD site covers about all the diff
ways of installing NetBSD from about every angle,  which is confusing for a new
istall.  I currently have both a i386 and mips boxn running netbsd,  but this
mac is a strange bird.  Thanks for any pointers.

Wayne