Subject: Re: 7600 OF garbage
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/20/2003 13:28:12
--owPIoVL9FiqC4k42

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 04:00:39PM -0700, Cameron Kaiser wrote:
> * You set your output device to /chaos/control?

There's the rub. In my experience with 7600s, NO setting will make
the on-board video work. I'm not saying that's true for 7600s across
the board, but it was for the two I was using, and sticking to the
serial console meant I could get something useful.

The only un-useful I ever got was a blank *white* screen though.
Never seen easter-egg colors out of it...

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net

--owPIoVL9FiqC4k42