Subject: Re: Install on a Beige G3 / OF 2.4
To: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
From: Charlie Allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/11/2003 20:01:21
On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 02:31:52AM -0400, John Klos wrote:

> I wish I had a Beige G3 to play with. I was able to get NetBSD working by
> simply swapping out a hard drive with OS X running on it with a hard drive
> with NetBSD already running. If I actually had time to document what I did
> (ie, repeat it consistently), I have a feeling it'd help a lot of people.

I've never had problems with my Beige 266 (rev B ROM) - after I
realized that to patch the OF, you need an OS X CD. Boot off that (not
all version of OS X support the beige) and reboot it once you get the
grey screen.

Then just add in your NetBSD kernel instead of the mach one, and the
usual macppc OF tweaks and you're away.

I don't see the fuss. I've been running NetBSD on a beige since they
were 'fast'.

  C.
--
 charlie@rubberduck.com - Melbourne, Australia