Subject: Fwd: Re: can't boot NetBSD on a PowerMac G4
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org, michael@nosflow.com>
From: None <beewax@gmx.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/09/2003 14:38:34
 > At 8:28 PM  0200 6/3/03, beewax@gmx.net wrote:
 >
 > :)it writes something rapidly and then It shows a grey forbidden / stop
 > :)sign. Like the one of ghost busters  :)
 >
 > Grey screen means it's trying to boot MacOS.  The stop sign is from the
 > MacOS X bootloader saying that you asked it for a weird file.
 >
 > http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/faq.html#grey-screen
 >
 > Where did you put ofwboot.xcf?
 >
 > And which 1 GHz PowerMac G4?  The Quicksilver 2002 model should be fine,
 > the Mirrored Drive Doors model hasn't been tested yet, and the FW 800
 > model
 > doesn't support the built-in ATA100 bus (which has the Apple-installed
 > hard
 > drive).
 >
 > http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/models.html
 >
 >   -- MW

 It's a 'Mirrored Drive Doors' model with a FW 800. (2003)

 I have 2 hard disks. One for MacOSX and one for NetBSD but not on the same
 cable.
 I guess NetBSD is on an ATA-66.

 When I was installing NetBSD I left The partition table as it was. I also
 have copied
 ofwboot.xcf to the hark disk MacOSX lives,
 under root directory'/' and It already exists on the installation CD.

 Latley i guess i made some progress :)

 Now the boot procedure stops at this point.

 >>NetBSD/macppc Open Firmware Boot, Revision 1.7
 >>(autobuild@tgm.daemon.org, Tue April 8, 14:55:46 UTC 2003
 Boot:

 so what's next?

 Thanks for bothering anyway.

I re-send this coz I had an error mail..