Subject: Re: Do any of the following models boot NetBSD?
To: David Friggens <david@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
From: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/01/2003 10:24:58
At 3:33 PM +1200 6/1/03, David Friggens wrote:

:)> iBook (14.1 LCD 32 VRAM)
:)
:)I've got one of these and installed -current (1.6Q or 1.6R, I think).

Great.  Would you mind trying a 1.6 or 1.6.1 kernel just to see if it
works?  Obviously, it'll have problems with your UFS root, but at least
we'll have an idea if support is in the 1.6 branch.

:)I had to use the 1.6 ofwboot.xcf as the -current one didn't seem to
:)work. I had to use Apple_UFS as it segfaulted with the NetBSD ffs.

Odd about FFS.  I've heard grumblings about ofwboot.xcf being broken in
-current.

:)I haven't had the time to get around to doing anything more yet due to
:)the hassles of not being able to use the modem and having to rebuild
:)the kernel to make it scroll normally.

Yeah, it'd be nice if we squashed all those bugs and could enable
OFB_ENABLE_CACHE by default.

Thanks,
  -- MW