Subject: FireWire SBP-2 disk?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/30/2003 23:04:22
Any chance of it working?

I just tried a -current kernel and it didn't recognize my hard drive.  I've
got an IBM Travelstar in a case with an Oxford 911 chipset plugged into a
PowerBook (FireWire) aka Pismo.  It works fine in OSX and OS9 without any
special drivers.

My config files has:
sd*     at scsibus? target ? lun ?      # SCSI disks

# PCI IEEE1394 controllers
fwohci* at pci? dev ? function ?        # IEEE1394 Open Host Controller
#fwlynx* at pci? dev ? function ?       # IEEE1394 TI Lynx Controller
#fw*    at fwbus?                       # IP over 1394

# IEEE1394 nodes
fwnode* at fwbus? idhi ? idlo ?
sbpscsi* at fwnode?
scsibus* at sbpscsi?

When I boot with this kernel dmesg shows:
fwohci0 at pci2 dev 14 function 0: Apple Computer product 0x0018 (rev. 0x01)
interrupting at irq 40
OHCI 0.0, ff:27:0a:00:6e:03:e1:fe, 100Mb/s, 2 max_rec, 4 ir_ctx, 4 it_ctx
fw at fwohci0 not configured

I also tried with fw* uncommented, but it wasn't any more helpful:
fw0 at fwohci0fw0: maximum receive packet (2) is too small

Any suggestions?

Also, I noticed that Open Firmware can load ofwboot.xcf from a FireWire
drive, but ofwboot.xcf can't load the kernel (it gives a Default Catch).

TIA,
  -- MW