Subject: Re: Long overdue Partitioning HOW-TO update
To: None <michael@nosflow.com>
From: Jens Schmalzing <jens.schmalzing@physik.uni-muenchen.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/18/2003 09:35:18
Hi,

> Take a peek and let me know if I've done it right.

Just two minor nits.  Regarding "7. Creating ...", Linux is capable of
creating MS-DOS filesystems of arbitrary size with the mkdosfs tool; I
can't give you a source on the net, but it should be included with
most distros.  And in "8. Mount your new ..." you may want to remove
the line saying "Linux needs more info here", or tell me what else you
would like to know.

Oh, and there was an announcement for an updated HFS+ driver on
linux-kernel a few days ago, available from
http://www.ardistech.com/hfsplus/.  It may be premature to include a
pointer, it kind of works for writing a few files but when I tried to
unpack a tarball it crashed and took the file system with it.

Regards, Jens.

--=20
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!
Le veux aimeb et mqubib panz je p=E9zqbpbe je djuz tqtaj!