Subject: Re: unable to boot on powerbook G4 550MHz
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/07/2003 21:59:13
I think you're remembering a problem we had with the mac68k port where
the Mkfs application under MacOS wasn't clearing out enough of the
first part of the partition.  This shouldn't be a problem for the
macppc port unless the user prepared the disk using an old copy of the
Mkfs utility. I don't think that's the case here since the user is
using an IDE disk which isn't supported by the MacOS utilities used by
the mac68k port.

-bob