Subject: ELSWORTH
To: <>
From: IAN ELSWORTH <i_elsworth6@phantomemail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/27/2003 09:47:25
Dear Friend=2C
This contact has become imperative based on the recent tribulation in Zimbabwe which has led to my present predicament=2E
I am therefore using this medium to appeal to your good conscience to come to my rescue and the rescue of my family=2E

I am Ian Elsworth=2Ca white commercial farmer from Zimbabwe and I got your contact from one of my business directories=2E
I was born and bred in Zimbabwe to the best of my knowledge=2Cmy parents and grandparents lived all their lives in Zimbabwe
africa=2EI have also lived all my life in Zimbabwe and so has all members of my family=2Ctherefore it is right to call me a
Zimbabwean though white=2CI am by law a Zimbabwean=2EI have little or no knowledge of my roots save for the fact that
my forefathers as I was told=2Chailed from Australia=2Cwhich I have never visited all my life=2EIt is pertinent that I tell you all this so
that you can come to a full comprehension of the ill treatment that I have received from the Zimbabwean government of late=2E

The government of Robert Mugabe=2Cpresident of Zimbabwe=2Cin the year 2000 promulgated an abbysmal land law=2Cthe fast tract
 land resettlement program=2Caimed at taking land from the rich white commercial farmers in Zimbabwe and given it to the so
called poor natural inhabitants of Zimbabwe=2Cthe black Zimbabweans=2Cwho as the president claimed are the rightful owners of
these land=2ETo this effects=2Cour lands=2Cincluding the lands where our personal houses where built on have been taking from
us=2Crendering us homeless=2EIn pursuance to this law=2Cthe so called natural inhabitants=2Cthe black Zimbabweans=2Chave committed
serious human rights violations in the process of forcefully taking our lands from us=2EMany of our white brothers were maimed=2C
killed and rendered homeless=2EThose of us that are alive now live in fear=2E

As the victim of this inhuman treatment=2CI have been rendered homeless=2Cthat I now live in a village in the far north of Manica
land=2CZimbabwe=2Cwhere I have to travel 100 kilometers to send this mail to you=2EWe were hoping that the international
community will come to our rescue=2Cbut this hope has been dashed since all we hear is that the international community is
still appealing to the Zimbabwean government to reconsider the law=2Cwhich clearly has fallen on deaf ears=2Csince most of us
have been relegated to abject poverty and homelessness while living in fear=2EAll our properties have been confiscated
including our bank accounts which have been frozen=2EThe rest of us who managed to flee Zimbabwe at the inception of this
law are now the lucky ones=2EMy dear friend=2CI have lost all I worked for all my life=2EAs a tobacco farmer I have lost both my farm
land and all my financial resources in Zimbabwe=2EI only have one hope left=2Cwhich is to leave Zimbabwe alive=2E

I am using this medium to appeal to you to come to my rescue and that of my family by helping us get out of Zimbabwe to a
safe abode=2Cwhere we can start life afresh again=2EI have some money in London Which I deposited there in a security firm to
enable float an export and import company to facilitate the transportation of my farm produce which was costing me alot=2EI
cannot reach the money because of my present isolation=2Cmoreover I do not have a bank account anymore in
Zimbabwe to facilitate bank to bank transfer=2EI need your help to withdraw this money as all the documents neccessary
for this withdrawal is still in my possession so that I can leave Zimbabwe as soon as possible and settle down with my family
in your country=2EPlease endeavour to try and help me as you will be greatly rewarded for your effort=2E

I thank you for your anticipated cooperation as I await your response to this mail=2E
Regards=2C

Mr=2EIan Elsworth=2E