Subject: 1.6.1 Sysinst seg fault / wdc1:0:0: lost interrupt
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/25/2003 17:37:39
This is a Wallstreet I machine. When sysinst asks what disk I want to
install on I get

wdc1:0:0: lost interrupt
	type: ata tc_bcount: 512 tc_skip: 0
wdc1:0:0: device timeout, c_bcount=512 c_skip0
wd0: transfer error, downgrading to PIO mode 4
wd0(wdc1:0:0): using PIO mode 4
wd0c: device timeout reading fsbn 0 (wd0 bn 0; cn 0 tn 0 sn 0), retrying
wd0: soft error (corrected)

dmesg snipit is:

wdc1 at obio0 offset 0x20000 irq 13: DMA transfer
wd0 at wdc1 channel 0 drive 0: <FUJITSU MHH2048AT>
wd0: drive supports 16-sector PIO transfers, LBA addresssing
wd0: 4645 MB, 10068 cyl, 15 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 9514260 sectors
wd0: drive supports PIO Mode 4, DMA mode 2, Ultra-DMA mode 2 (Ultra/33)
wd0(wdc1:0:0): using PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2 (using DMA data transfers)

also noteable : Heathrow ATA chip is not configured?

vendor 0x106b product 0x0010 (undefined subclass 0x00, revision 0x01) at
pci0 dev 16 function 0 not configured

wdc0 at mediabay0 offset 0x21000 irq 14
cd0(wdc0:0:0): using PIO mode 4
The media bay doesn't support DMA transfers at all?

Then when sysinst finished installing, made the device files and set the
time zone and root password. I hit OK to "You've successfully installed
NetBSD 1.6.1" and sysinst seg faults. Not enough space in md0 to get a
core dump however.

--
I'm trying to port NetBSD to my cup of tea, but it keeps kernel panicking
on refill. This is odd, because I ported it to my toaster and my bookcase

Any hints?

Jared Earle - http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-ports/2002/07/04/0000.html