Subject: Re: HELP! Macintosh Performa 5200CD
To: Bryan Russell <bryanindy@yahoo.com>
From: Christopher Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/25/2003 00:21:26
On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Bryan Russell wrote:

> Does anybody know why NetBSD will run on a KFC chicken
> bucket, but not on a Mac Performa 5200CD? Or will it?
> Can anybody help me? Has anybody successfully
> installed NetBSD or any other UNIX-like OS on a Mac
> Performa 5200? Thanks everybody.

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/models.html

(Performa)52xx,53xx,62xx,63xx - Codyceps - n/a - No PCI bus (no Open
Firmware)

	These performa machines are basically a Performa 630 (68040)
motherboard with a PowerPC processor on it. They have neither a PCI bus
nor OpenFirmware. AFAIK the only things that run on it are Linux NuBusPPC
and MkLinux. Don't expect to see NetBSD on this machine anytime soon. It
needs MI NuBus glue, a different booting system and a raster console
(minimally) before it could really do anything useful. Sorry.