Subject: Re: Installing suggestion
To: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/24/2003 22:24:48
On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 11:03:07AM +0900, SUNAGAWA Keiki wrote:
> Allen wrote:
> > I've just been helping someone get a new install on an iBook.  When
> > using pdisk to partition a disk for NetBSD use, it would be useful
> > to be able to as easily define a NetBSD swap partition as you can
> > a NetBSD ffs partition.  To do this, I think it makes sense to
> > recognize a "NETBSD_SWAP" partition type.
>
> fine with me.  Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm wondering if this is still useful,
though, with Darrin's recent improvements to pdisk.  I think it
should be possible to do everything you need with the new pdisk,
so this would be extra and perhaps confusing.  The last thing we
need is more confusion...

I think it would be possible to greatly simplify the system
installation using the system installer and pdisk.

-allen

 Wasabi Systems, Inc.             http://www.wasabisystems.com/