Subject: Re: 1.6 -> 1.6.1 OFB_ENABLE_CACHE lossage
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: Christopher Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/24/2003 21:36:04
On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Allen Briggs wrote:

> > Is this because of the UFS2 changes in -current, or what?
> > Running the 1.6.1 fsck didn't help.
>
> The ufs2 changes shouldn't have affected an existing ufs1
> filesystem unless I really missed what was going on.

	They did. I was bitten by this when my machine stopped booting and
couldn't find init. Another fix for fsck_ffs was just checked in earlier
this evening. My troubles were on i386 since that's where I'm tracking
current. There may be issues lurking in macppc, but the kernel related
issues should have been fixed over a week or two ago.

--
I'm trying to port NetBSD to my cup of tea, but it keeps kernel panicking
on refill. This is odd, because I ported it to my toaster and my bookcase

Any hints?

Jared Earle - http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-ports/2002/07/04/0000.html