Subject: Re: pdisk(8) updated to create root/user/swap partitions
To: Darrin B. Jewell <dbj@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/24/2003 10:18:59
Excellent!  I'll update the docs this weekend.

Now, we just need to incorporate this into sysinst.

Thank you,
  -- MW

At 4:30 AM -0400 4/24/03, you wrote:

:)The pdisk utility in the -current source tree has been updated to be
:)able to create the A/UX style root, user and swap partitions used by
:)NetBSD.  This should make installation easier since the tools
:)discussed in the INSTALL document do not work on Mac OS X.
:)Furthermore, the tools supplied with OS X do not support creating
:)A/UX style partitions.
:)
:)I have also compiled this utility on a NetBSD/macppc 1.6 system
:)and a MacOS X 10.2.5 system.  These binaries have been uploaded
:)to <URL:ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/macppc/netbsd-pdisk>
:)
:)The following files should be in that directory:
:)
:)   README.pdisk              A copy of this description.
:)   netbsd-pdisk.macos-10-2   NetBSD's pdisk compiled on Mac OS X 10.2.5
:)   netbsd-pdisk.macppc-1-6   NetBSD's pdisk compiled on NetBSD/macppc 1.6
:)   netbsd-pdisk.src.20030424.tgz  An archive of the sources.
:)   pdisk.cat8                The pdisk man page, with terminal formatting.
:)   pdisk.cat8.txt            The pdisk man page as a plain text file.
:)
:)Please direct NetBSD/macppc installation and partitioning questions
:)to the port-macppc mailing list at netbsd.org.
:)
:)Thanks,
:)Darrin