Subject: Re: g4 powerbook success... almost...
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: None <scytle@mindless.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/23/2003 16:17:24
Hey all I am rather new to the *BSD world, I recently tried to install NetBSD on a 500mhz iBook running Open Firmware 3.0 (New World), I would like to say that I haven't got I it going and have given up for the time being. Anyway If you need something to partition the disk use a Mac OS X install CD, don't select continue when the install window comes up; select "Disk Utitity" from one of the menus (I can't remember which) you should be able to make 8 separate partitions of HFS, HFS+, UFS and FreeSpace you can also label all the partitions.

I missed the part in the installation menu that said under OF 3 you need a HFS partition with the netbsd loader to boot the kernel :) I tried to do that but sysinst fried all my lovely partitions at that point I gave up, I will try later on a machine that I can afford to be out of action for a couple of days...

-scytle

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup