Subject: Re: Boot NetBSD 1.6 iso on grey G3 OF 2.0f1
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/22/2003 22:27:52
On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Bill Studenmund wrote:

[snip discussion about bootloader problems in versions < 1.7]

> The 1.7 version is supposed to be fixed. Please test it.
>
> If no one tests it, we'll have another release w/ broken bootloaders. :-|

I just tested the 1.7 bootload (xcf) with the boot.fs files for 1.6.1 from
ftp.netbsd.org and it worked great. I am installing as we speak.

This machine is a PowerTowerPro with a Newer G3 card (300/200 I believe).

The machine I originally had trouble with using the old bootloader was a
7300 with a Newr G3 card (275/275). It has since gone into service off
site, and cannot be used for testing again.

But, like I said, everything worked fine on the PowerTowerPro with the
latest two boot.fs files using boot fd:0 from the serial console (OF).

--
Joe Laffey              |  Want to convert subnet masks between different
LAFFEY Computer Imaging |  notations, or figure the number of IPs in a block?