Subject: Re: Boot NetBSD 1.6 iso on grey G3 OF 2.0f1
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/17/2003 07:26:44
On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, David Brownlee wrote:

> 	Trying a -current floppy gives (typing 'boot fd:0' twice)
>
> 	    0 > boot fd:0 READ TIMEOUT can't OPEN:  fd:0
> 	      ok
> 	    0 > boot fd:0 -
> 	    read stage 2 blocks: 0123456. done!
> 	    starting stage 2...
>
> 	    >> NetBSD/macppc OpenFirmware Boot, Revision 1.7
> 	    >> (autobuild@tgm.daemon.org, Thu Apr 17 06:43:09 UTC 2003)
> 	    READ TIMEOUTREAD TIMEOUTDEFAULT CATCH!, code=FFF00400 at [...]
> 	      ok
> 	    0 >

I had to take the ofwboot.xcf from the 1.5.3 distribution and copy it onto
a floppy along with the netbsd.gz from the 1.6 distribution. The
ofwboot.xcf that came with the 1.6 distribution caused this same error for
me.

We had a thread about this when I first had the problem, and I was under
the impression that the new ofwboot.xcf had some issues...

--
Joe Laffey              |  Want to convert subnet masks between different
LAFFEY Computer Imaging |  notations, or figure the number of IPs in a block?