Subject: Re: wscons...does this work on powerpc ?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/16/2003 02:13:01
At 10:20 PM +0200 4/15/03, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 03:31:33PM +0200, Niels S.Eliasen wrote:
>>  Hi guys
>>  I have now tried for a while to get wscons to work on a 8600/132 ....
>>  Is there any kind of gotcha's ?
>>
>>  I have read all the generic FAQ's regarding the wscons, but somewhere I
>>  also read that this is not supported on bitmapped screens like macppc..
>>  Is this correct?
>>
>>  I have tried just to use the standard setup(not even using the Danish
>>  keyboard definition), but first of all I get problems with the
>>  suggested ttyE{0,1,2,3}, and trying to switch terminal using Alt-F1 or
>>  Alt-F2... is no luck either ...
>
>multiple virtual terminals are not supported on framebuffer yet (this
>includes sparc and macppc).

And Alpha (when using the TGA cards) and Mac68k.

For the Macs, you can use the dt package to basically emulate the
multiple virt terminal effect (although it won't let you have some
sesions at console and others at X that I know of). Speaking of, has
anyone ever used it on macppc? The description has always had macppc
in parentheses. My 3400 died & I don't see the 7200 being supported
anytime soon (it does have YDL and OS9.1 on it), so I can't test.

Mike
--
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.