Subject: Re: boot on PowerBook G4 15"
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/14/2003 18:59:04
On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Daniel Eggert wrote:

> AFAIK the keyboards in Apples iBooks and PowerBooks _are_ in fact ADB
> kayboards. That's why the 'console keyboard type: USB' doesn't work.

	This is probably a huge oversimplification, but doesn't the target
of the devalias kbd and mouse change depending on if you have a USB
keyboard plugged in or not? Isn't it possible to grok this on boot and
choose USB only if a USB keyboard is the target of devalias kbd and use
ADB in any other case?

	can anyone verify this with say a PowerBook with USB ports and a
USB keyboard or a B&W G3 with a USB and/or ADB keyboard?

--
I'm trying to port NetBSD to my cup of tea, but it keeps kernel panicking
on refill. This is odd, because I ported it to my toaster and my bookcase

Any hints?

Jared Earle - http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-ports/2002/07/04/0000.html