Subject: Re: iBook multiboot swap
To: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
From: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/10/2003 17:51:06
At 7:30 PM -0500 4/10/03, Bob Nestor wrote:

:)I also have a version of sysinst along with an Installation kernel that
:)handles disk partitioning within the Apple Disk partition Map.  It is
:)the same code as the mac68k port uses and it allows one to install
:)NetBSD alongside other systems on the same disk.

That would be a good thing.  Particularly if you get it committed somewhat
soon, then it could be tested and documented before the branch for the next
major release of NetBSD.  Does your sysinst create a swap file on the root
filesystem, or somehow else deal with an OSX-created APM lacking a swap
partition?

Alternatively, do you think you could recompile pdisk for OSX so we could
pre-partition and make normal NetBSD root/swap?

Thanks!
  -- MW