Subject: Re: iBook multiboot swap
To: David Friggens <david@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
From: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/10/2003 15:44:24
At 2:51 PM +1200 4/9/03, David Friggens wrote:

:)How do I get NetBSD to use it as swap?

That is an excellent question, and one I was planning to ask this weekend
when I had time to document things a little more.

Basically, as I see it, the only three methods of creating swap partitions are
a) using sysinst and making the disk NetBSD-only
b) using MacOS 9's Drive Setup
c) using Bob Nestor's hacked pdisk (which only runs under MacOS 9)

I don't think there are any OSX tools that will create a NetBSD root or
swap partition.  You can use OSX tools (Disk Utility or pdisk) to create a
UFS partition for use with NetBSD, but it isn't partition "a".

  -- MW