Subject: macppc packages on OS X?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Louis Guillaume <lguillaume@berklee.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/10/2003 10:40:06
I believe in the recent Article below, Michael Wolfson was suggesting
that we could use the enormously superior NetBSD package system to
install NetBSD/macppc binaries that will WORK on OS X.

Is this completely true? If so, what are the details? Do we get to use
the tools like pkg_add etc or just pax, with no tracking/dependency checks?

That would be such an incredibly sweet alternative to fink!

And if this is the case, couldn't OS X binaries work on NetBSD without
emulation?