Subject: Re: XFree86 4.3.0 for macppc?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: m. kolb <muk@msu.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/09/2003 15:19:41
On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 12:30:03AM -0600, Dave Huang wrote:
> Has anyone made an XFree86 4.3.0 snapshot for macppc? I wasn't able to
> get the 4.2.0 on ftp.netbsd.org to work on my G4 DP w/Radeon and was
> hoping I'd have more luck with 4.3.0.

yeah, i have it working, sortof.  i took some code from allen briggs and
munged it up to work with my hardware.  i have a quicksilver  g4, with
the radeon7500 and a mitsubishi diamond plus 73 monitor.

everything works, except i haven't gotten around to getting the monitor
reset code to work, so after x goes away, the monitor goes dead (this is
not a super-big deal, and if i get some time here i hope to fix it.)

another thing is, the stuff i have that i got from allen uses a fixed
EDID, which i had to dig out of my OF.  i was working on some code to
grab that dynamically, but i just never get around to spending serious
time on it.

anyways, if you just want the driver, i can give you the object...i also
have the original driver object from allen, which you can have assuming
allen doesn't care.

let me know.

./muk

--