Subject: Booting from hd-DOS partition
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: None <anselmg@t-online.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/08/2003 12:55:39
Hi there,

I own a summer 2002 ibook (G3 700, 20GB, Radeon 7500) and I don't like
Mac OS X because I worked with UNIX for years now and I don't like
click-guis, like Aqua - I prefer ion, larswm, ratpoison or such wm's.

I installed NetBSD on it, but noticed that OpenFirmware 3 isn't able to
boot from a ffs partition. Because I don't want spend some space for
MacOS-alike partitions I ask you, if you've any experiences with
placing ofwboot.xcf into a DOS partition (created with disklabel) onto
the internal hd of the iBook!?
Is it possible to boot from a DOS partition (all partitions created
with disklabel) with OF3 and ofwboot.xcf?

If so, it'll be nice to hear positive echo, because I'm going to try it
in the evening.

Regards,
Anselm