Subject: Memory-testing utilities?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin Mudrick <kevin@furhurts.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/04/2003 07:26:10
--BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl

I'm relatively new to the netbsd world.  I just recently installed 1.6
on my powermac 7500 (with a 604 processor card), mostly all is well,
although sometimes I get random lockups, and can't do anything but hit
the power button.  This happens while logged in via ssh from serial
console, or ssh from a nearby computer.

Someone suggested that this sounds like faulty ram.. i put a new stick
of 128 in a little while ago, and I'm wondering if there is a program
out there that will test memory on this machine.  In the past, I've used
memtest86 for my x86 machines to pinpoint faulty memory.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)=20

--=20
 kevin mudrick // kevin@furhurts.com

--BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl

--BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl--