Subject: Re: (OT) seeking serial terminal emulation application
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/03/2003 11:35:56
At 2:06 AM -0500 4/3/03, Michael G. Schabert wrote:
>Zterm is the best solution for the problem of serial access.
>
>At 5:48 PM -0600 3/14/03, Bob Nestor wrote:
>>The VT100/200 emulation in programs like NiftyTelnet work but it
>>isn't a native program and the sources don't appear to be available.
>
>BetterTelnet, NiftyTelnet, et al, are all based on NCSA Telnet (some
>on 2.6, some on 2.7b5), which is available in source form.

This thread seems to have drifted a bit.

*Telnet programs depend on a network connection, not a serial line
like the original poster (I think) requested.  If you want a telnet
program under OSX (like the original poster, I think, requested) then
there's . . . telnet.

NiftyTelnet is . . . nifty, but I don't think it's based on NCSA
Telnet the way BetterTelnet is.