Subject: Re: AWACS audio recording
To: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@emsi.priv.at>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/02/2003 16:09:52
"Martin J. Laubach" <mjl@emsi.priv.at> writes:

>   I'm not sure whether this has ever worked on my G4, but I
> noticed recently, that with this audio hardware:
>
> 	awacs0 at obio0 offset 0x14000: irq 24,9,10
> 	audio0 at awacs0: full duplex
>
>   it seems not to be possible to actually record audio data,

The driver just doesn't have the code to do recording. If you look at
sys/arch/macppc/dev/awacs.c, you'll see that awacs_trigger_input() is
nearly a no-op, except for the printf() you noticed.

Most of the infrastructure for recording is in place in the driver,
including setting the recording device, parameters, and so on. It
should be relatively easy to fix this, especially given the existence
of Darwin code for this device
(src/modules/AppleOnboardAudio/AppleScreamerAudio is the relevant part
of the Darwin tree, I think).

        - Nathan