Subject: Open Boot 1.0.5 booting problem post-install
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: mlanza <m@crito.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/31/2003 20:33:45
After successfully installing BSD, I am unable to boot to the OS.  Open
Firmware begins to boot the partition, gets to starting "stage 2" and
the cursor starts spinning but only for a few seconds before it hangs.
I have 2 drives in the MAC and tried the install on both and am getting
the same problem with whichever I try to boot.

The system is Power Mac 8600.  I've scoured the FAQ, and other notes and
attempted the the various Open Firmware 1.0.5 fixes for drives that
don't spin up fast enough (thinking that might have been the issue) but
none of the boot-command aliases fixed the problem.

Any suggestions?  I appreciate any help.

Thanks!!