Subject: Re: DLink PCMCIA and 1.6
To: Jeff Hergan <jeff@praeclara.com>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/31/2003 17:45:35
Hello,

> I have never used NetBSD and PCMCIA or cardbus cards before.
> I've searched for info, but I can't seem to find much.
> Anyway, I have a Powerbook G3 Series 266mhz and a D Link DFE-690TXD
> ethernet Cardbus ethernet adapter.
> Anyone know if this works?  Is there something like linux's cardmgr for
> NetBSD?
> I'm not sure where to begin...except that I have plugged in the card.

Quickly doing a search of the NetBSD mailing lists shows that the D-Link
card is basically a Realtek chipset, so it should just work (support was
added back in the 1.5 days). Assuming the card is plugged in while you
boot, can you send the output of dmesg?  Does nothing show up in ifconfig
-a?

Also, what version of NetBSD are you running?

John Klos