Subject: Re: Partitioning the disk with OS X
To: Nick Vanderweit <nickv_111@yahoo.com>
From: The Black Hacker <blackye@break.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/21/2003 09:57:46
Hallo,

pdisk, from the command line.

The best way I know on most OF3 machines is to create a small
HFS+ partition with ofwboot and then the usual root/usr
ones as UFS. plus swap.

OFW3 can read ofwboot from an HFS partition, from ISO9660,
from a FAT partition on an MSDOS-labeled disk ... but I haven't
ever been able to have it do it off an UFS partition on an
Apple-labeled disk. Also the kernel should better reside on that
same HFS+ partition if you want to make your life easier.

My strong advice is to read a few times with attention the
INSTALL document, guess the partitioning schema more suitable
for your case on there and then try, it all mostly depends on the
type of machine and version of OF you have.

Ciao,

A.