Subject: 2-10 Snapshot Floppy Images
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/19/2003 10:01:01
I see that we've finally outgrown 1 floppy for the boot image.  I
copied them to a couple of real floppies with suntar and started up a
7500 with boot fd:0 and the x-base changes.

starting stage 2...

>>  NetBSD/macppc OpenFirmware Boot, Revision 1.7
>>  (autobuild@tgm.netbsd.org, Tuesday Feb 11 03 03:17:33 UTC 2003)
READ TIMEOUTREAD TIMEOUTDEFAULT CATCH!, CODE=FFF00400
  ok
0 >

Everything looks normal before this point.  It never ejects the first floppy.

I suppose, correct me if I'm wrong, that we just overflowed the
single-floppy image and don't have the code in to
eject/request-the-second yet.  Is someone working on that?

Would it work for me to cat the two floppy images together and burn
them to CD?  I recall someone saying that would work for the original
1-floppy image.

As long as I'm asking questions, does anyone know how I can fool OSX
DiskCopy into treating a random data file as a CD Master?