Subject: Re: Serial console hangs
To: Daniel Eggert <danieleggert@mac.com>
From: Daniel Eggert <danieleggert@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/14/2003 10:53:57
On torsdag, mar 13, 2003, at 10:49 Europe/Copenhagen, Daniel Eggert
wrote:

> On torsdag, mar 13, 2003, at 02:16 Europe/Copenhagen, John Gordon
> wrote:
>> The problem is that sometimes when a lot of data is passing across
>> the serial
>> link (e.g. scrolling down a page in an editor) the link will hang.
>> The system
>> seems to be still alive (I can ping it). I will set up ssh support on
>> it next
>> so I can take a look at what is happening, but thought I'd ask if
>> anybody has
>> seen anything like this before?
>>

> This is a know problem. Try using ssh instead if you can. Hopefully
> some day someone will fix this. It's a bug in the driver for the
> serial port.

It is in the PR-database as #10540.

Is anybody working on a fix? Does anyone have a clue, what could be
wrong? ..or how to investigate this? I guess the bug is somewhere
inside src/sys/arch/macppc/dev/zs.c and I wouldn't mind helping...

Any comments?

Daniel