Subject: Re: PowerBase 180 boot problems..
To: Jesse Peterson <jpeterson275@attbi.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/12/2003 17:49:28
At 10:03 AM -0800 3/12/03, Jesse Peterson wrote:
>>>Thanks for you help.
>>

>>No problem.  I needed a break anyway.
>

>What about this (in actual Forth of course =) as an nvram patch?
>
>if ($some-env-var = 1)
>  setenv some-env-var 2
>  reset-all
>elseif ($some-env-var = 2)
>  setenv some-env-var 1
>  boot
>endif
>
>with a boot-command of "catch 2000 ms <above procedure name>"?
>
>sound feasable?

I think the reset-all will be an infinite loop unless that case is
never executed.  I think the reset-all will undo anything you do
inside an nvram patch, however nvramrc is run before the boot command.

I guess I'm saying leave out the reset-all and the boot command and
let it exit off the end.

Not sure how much nvram you really have to play around with.  We have
more patches than space for OF1 already.