Subject: SCSI problems
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Nicholas Ash <portlanddenver19@eudoramail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/12/2003 16:50:58
Hi,

I'm trying to complete set up of NetBSD 1.6 on a stock Power Center Pro 180 (32MB RAM, 2GB HD, 16X CD, Zip drive...) but I have run into a little trouble. First, everything was working fine on the SCSI chain when run under Mac OS 7.6.1 but after installation on the first boot I kept getting this after exiting single user mode:

esp0: illegal command: 0xc2 (state 2, phase 3, prevphase 1)
esp0: SCSI bus reset

I noticed that the CDROM was being accessed when these warnings appeared. Simple enough, I removed the drive from the chain and problem solved. Then I tried to install additional packages from the zip drive and whenever I started pkg_add these warnings would appear again...

My SCSI chain is HD@0 and Zip@5 w/termination on (I tried w/ termination off, same problem). esp0 must be the SCSI controller, is the motherboard going to pot? Otherwise everything appears to be working.

Thanks,
Nick

Check out the new EudoraMail at
http://www.eudoramail.com