Subject: Re: Discrepencies in how MBR labels work
To: James Chacon <jmc@netbsd.org>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/08/2003 16:58:31
At 3:10 AM -0500 3/7/03, James Chacon wrote:
>I just got done dealing with trying to setup an MBR style label on my cube's
>drive so I could boot directly from the prom.

As (perhaps only one of several) the discoverers that MS-DOS floppies
worked for booting OF 1 powermac's I've been curious if MBR
partitioning would allow one to use FAT partitions for booting on
hard disks.  Never had time to play with it.

Is there any prior discussion of how to do this beyond Bill
Studenmund's discussion in September of 2002?

The Cube is OF3, so I suppose what you've found is NA for OF1.  Is
there are reason you don't just put ofwboot.xcf in an Apple HFS
partition like we usually do for OF3?