Subject: boot from macppc
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org, tsubai@netbsd.org>
From: dario billo <dario.billo@libero.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/07/2003 22:06:24
Hi all, I've a new powerbook  with openfirmware version 4.5.3f2. I'm
trying to boot from openfirmware with this command:
boot hd:,ofwboot.xcf
This command start a little "boot manager" that request to me the name
of the image file, I've tried with all images that are on cd (version
1.6) but it respond to me
"decrementer exception at %SRR0: 000000ba    %SRR1: 0000ba00"
and dont start the boot. I don't understand what is it, have you any idea?

For information, I've a powerbook 1 GHz, can this to be a problem? I've
read that NetBSD 1.6 isn't tested on this platform, but should work.
Thanks for  all