Subject: Re: Macs faults
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Kretschmer <mccratch@gmx.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/05/2003 20:22:13
Derek Peschel said:
> On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 09:03:35AM -0800, Erik E. Fair wrote:
>> The MacOS variants like to keep their system clock in "local" time, for
whatever timezone that is.

> Do you know if that applies to OSX also?  Matthias mentions that OSX
uses UNIX-style zone files.  I realize that says nothing about how the
time is actually stored.  And I'm still curious what Ian has to say
about his experience.

ah no, I wanted to say, that OS X maybe has an ability to change timezones
somehow like "normal" for unix/unix-likes. My thought was, using mach as
the underlying technology this could be somehow possible. On the otherhand
OS X/darwin uses this netinfo-daemon for storing configurations. There is
some /etc (/private/etc) left, but it's main purpose is for booting up and
nothing more. I haven't had time to have a look at it currently, but maybe
http://developer.apple.com/ helps here.

--
Gruss
Matthias Kretschmer