Subject: Re: Macs faults
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Derek Peschel <dpeschel@eskimo.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/05/2003 09:34:46
On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 09:03:35AM -0800, Erik E. Fair wrote:
> The MacOS variants like to keep their system clock in "local" time,
> for whatever timezone that is.

Do you know if that applies to OSX also?  Matthias mentions that OSX
uses UNIX-style zone files.  I realize that says nothing about how
the time is actually stored.  And I'm still curious what Ian has to say
about his experience.

> RAM. Once we know how to read that value, we can correct for the this
> problem without having to compile in a value like RTC_OFFSET.

How would that correction work?  i.e., is there a device driver or do you
have to change the core kernel sources?  And what about the possibility of
handling daylight savings without rebooting?

-- Derek